Chef to School Program
What is Green Our Planet’s Chef to School Program?
Within the last two years, Green Our Planet has created the largest chef-to-school program in the United States. Green Our Planet partners with local professional chefs, certified health and nutrition professionals and culinary students, who donate their time and talents in this program by giving cooking demonstrations at schools.
These demonstrations provide lessons on how to cook healthy meals using produce grown in a school garden or hydroponic system and educates students on the health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables as part of a well-balanced diet. It also inspires students to consider career paths in the nutrition and culinary fields.
What are the Goals of Green Our Planet’s Chef to School Program?
- To show students the complete process of growing produce from seed to table.
- To teach students simple and healthy recipes that they can make using produce they know how to grow.
- To introduce students to career and vocational pathways in the field of culinary arts.
- To increase student consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- To teach students about nutrition and healthy eating habits