Using the bounty of the summer harvest, Green Our Planet’s own Nutrition Chef Lisa whipped up this easy, tasty and healthy garden garbanzo bean salad!
Garden Garbanzo Bean Salad
By Lisa Cheplak
Yield: 4 servings
I love to make this recipe using fresh ingredients from my garden. I have had a lot of yellow pear and grape tomatoes and always tons of herbs. I also just had our first garden cucumber! Add some garbanzo beans for protein, and it makes a perfect lunch! Customize this salad with some of your favorite summer veggies, herbs and seasonings.
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 pint of tomatoes, chopped
- 1 handful of your favorite herbs, chopped (basil, parsley, dill, mint, oregano)
- Juice of 1 lime (or lemon) and zest
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs and garbanzo beans to a large bowl.
- Add lime zest and juice.
- Drizzle on avocado oil.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Toss together until well coated and enjoy!
Check out Chef Lisa’s website for more healthy, garden-inspired recipes!