A standby in Chef Lisa’s chef demo repertoire, this ratatouille transforms the bounty of garden into a nutritious dish that kids—and adults—gobble up.
Recipe by Lisa Cheplak, Nutrition Chef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5 1/2 cups diced and peeled eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can organic diced tomatoes, undrained and/or fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs (parsley, basil)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add the eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes; stir to combine and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.