The Green Our Planet Nutrition Program
Green Our Planet’s Nutrition Program provides curriculum-based nutrition lessons and cooking demonstrations using vegetables harvested from school gardens to students online as well as at schools.
The Goals of the Green Our Planet Nutrition Program
- To teach students the process of growing food from seed to table
- To teach students simple and healthy recipes using fruits and vegetables
- To teach students about healthy nutrition and and how to develop good eating habits
- To increase student consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables
- To introduce students to potential careers and vocational pathways in the field of the culinary arts
Watch The Green Our Planet Nutrition Program In Action!
Nutrition Chefs Provide Cooking Demonstrations
During a nutrition cooking demonstration, our Nutrition-Chefs harvest vegetables from the school gardens and make healthy recipes for the students to try themselves. The cooking nutrition lessons teach students how to cook nutritious meals using produce grown in their school gardens or hydroponics systems and educate students on the health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables as part of a well-balanced diet. They also inspire students to consider career paths in the nutrition and culinary fields.